Here are six ways to get in the habit of smiling more:
- Smile the moment you wake up.
- Remind yourself in the morning that you are going to smile more today.
- Set reminders to smile. Use your phone calendar or work calendar as reminders.
- Create cues to smile. Smile at certain cues. When your hand hits the door to your house as you enter from work is a good time. Or when you enter the office. Or when you see a certain model of car. Pick your cues and then use them as reminders.
- Think happy thoughts. Our daughter, when she was about twenty months old, put it best: “Today, Aracelli chooses happy thoughts.”
- Smile at everyone you see today. And tomorrow. And the next day. Then keep it up.
It really is that simple. And it really is that effective. Start today.