Vitamin D3 and K2 Combination: Benefits
A Short Introduction to Vitamin D3
D3’s or “sunshine vitamin’s” proportionate amount in blood present decreases rapidly in animals whose bodies are left exposed in winter when sun rays are reduced in both strength or intensity and duration. But with the arrival of summer, the D3 levels in bodies are raised because of the conglomeration or amalgamation of the photo-altered sun rays into cholesterol, which is ultimately transported to the kidney where it changes into Vitamin D3 (common name for Cholecalciferol), in the most natural manner and form. Human beings do not synthesize Vitamin D2, but ‘D’ symbolizes both D2 and D3, or in some cases just D3. Ultraviolet rays from sun help in the process of yielding D3 while D2 is obtained inorganically from mushrooms left bare to sun rays. The presence of an inadequate and limited level of Vitamin D in any human can cause hypovitaminosis D which in itself is an independent and individualistic root for the warning to the health.
What is Vitamin K2
Vitamin K or Koagulationsvitamin, discovered in 1929 is still considered a vital and critical nutrient for blood concentration and is of two distinct types: K1 and K2. K2 is also known as Menaquinone and is available in animal food products which are consumed to modulate and balance where calcium would accumulate in the human body, and it also makes protein active or operational. It is one dynamic component of all humans because it has the power and capacity to prevent any future cardiac problem by regulating or managing the buildup of calcium in the body. When and if compared though K1 appears to be not as useful as K2 according to the Rotterdam study.
Benefits of Vitamin D3
This natural nutrient, made by your skin with melanin pigments, has some surprising benefits which are stacked into different categories and the usage is dependent on the kind of deficiency and illnesses making a person suffer. The various advantages of vitamin D3 are:
- Light therapy is the paradigm of Seasonal Affective Disorder. From this point, some indefinite and unresolved research studies for the alleviation of primary symptoms of depression states that D3 supplements are beneficial in this regard.
- A proper balance and maintenance of calcium level during the periods of youth and childhood especially is healthy because calcium makes bones stronger and helps in the development of teeth. Vitamin D3 deficiency can lead to irregular calcium deposition or lack of required amount of calcium, which can over the years ultimately lead to osteoporosis.
- Some ongoing research on the cause and cure of various types of cancer has made speculative and inconclusive statements which suggest that vitamin D3 can help in reduction of the chances of skin, breast cancers.
Benefits of Vitamin K2
- Prevention of any heart problem. It is very well known that any kind of cardiovascular ailment is a considerable risk factor and so the most common reason for thousands of deaths every year. According to the Rotterdam study calcification around and on arteries near the heart is a fatal determiner in every person’s lifespan. Since K2 can regulate this accumulation of calcium, it is said that 14 million lives can be saved if there is a proper intake of Vitamin K2 in the daily diet of both men and women.
- Helps in reducing the chances of suffering from osteoporosis in specifically older and postmenopausal women and therefore decrease the rate of fractures by its characteristic feature of extensive calcium metabolism.
- It helps in activation of osteocalcin, a protein essential for the improvement of the condition of your teeth and it plays a significant role in your dental health.
- The bottom line of benefits influenced by this vitamin is that it reduces the chances of being detected with prostate cancer if you consume a lot of food products containing K2 and it also reduces the consequences of having remission period.
Dynamic Combination of D3 and K2
It is essential to know how these two vitamins affect each other and whether it will be a combination that will serve as a blessing in medical science’s development or it will be a bane, as a self-destructive part of a health problem. They amplify each other’s work in a way that the benefits are only enhanced and never hauled to a stop. Vitamin D3 and K2 together help in curing cardiac diseases and also strengthening the formation of bones by regulating and alleviating calcium deposit in the body. This combination is like a superhero, trying to save the world by preventing or reducing the life risk situations in its own way.
The Dosage of D3+K2 Every Human Body Needs
There are supplements available in the market for this combination, and the quantity recommended varies from one Medical Council to another. An overdose of any of these can lead to toxicity, it's recommended consulting to your physician prior usage of any supplements. So, few of the recommendations for adults by respected sources are:
- 2,000 - 5,000 IU per day.
- For children 800 IU for every 25 lbs. of body weight.
Side Effects of Vitamin D3 Pills
- Alchohol decreases absorption rate of the vitamin.
- Skin irritation
- Dizzy feeling.
- Irregular breathing.
- Body fatigue and unable to feel energetic.
- Nausea and a headache.
All these side effects happen because of Vitamin D3, and when consumed with Vitamin K2 the effects are minimized because it is believed by medical professionals that Vitamin K2 is the natural partner of D3 and that will only help you live a healthy life.